Lauries Kitchen

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Laurie's B's hamburger patties and gravy

Wow! It's been a long day.....L-O-N-G day! We started with an early basketball game in Teague-I tried to work on work stuff in the truck on the way.....I finally gave up I swear Coy was trying to hit every pothole he could just to see me grab all the papers! Then we came home, watched a movie (I finished up some reports) then went to JoGail's game in Scurry Rosser and ate at KFC /Taco Bell. That chicken was soo good. I was ready for some good fried chicken!!!!

Here's recipe I tried this week and and WILL definitely be making again. Laurie B gave me the recipe and I think she got it from her mother. It's really good, especially served over mashed potatoes. I mean really really good! I will definitely be stocking my pantry with Campbell's Beefy Mushroom Soup!

6 hamburger patties-either premade or homemade, which ever you prefer
2 cans Campbell's Beefy Mushroom soup
1 onion cut into rings
Either fresh or drained canned mushrooms (my addition for my mushroom loving family)

Fry your patties in a skillet. Don't cook all the way through. (They'll cook some more later)
Drain your patties on plate. Wipe your skillet out with a paper towel. Get most of the junk out.
Fry your onions in the remaining junk. Put the patties back in the skillet. Cook over med low. Add mushrooms and the 2 cans of soup. Note: Do not add water to this or the gravy will be watery.Cook until patties are cooked through and everything is hot!!! Awesome over mashed potatoes and probably just as awesome over cooked noodles!!!!

Thank you Laurie B! And if you have never checked out her website, it's amazing what that lady can paint!!!  Check out her website Laurie Cole Designs .   What's really cool about Laurie is not only do we have the same first name spelled the same way, but her mother's (I think) maiden name was Cole which was my maiden name! She use to work at the administration office in Eustace until she started full time. She's an awesome person and a truly talented artist!




Enjoy, Laurie

0 comments: