Lauries Kitchen

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving plans

We are headed to Lubbock this morning to spend Thanksgiving with Coy's family. The girls are so excited they can hardy wait. They love spending time with Aunt Judy and Aunt JoLynn. It'll be a long trip but well worth it. (more than an hour in a car with JoGail is a long trip)

We have so much to be thankful for. THe first thing that comes to mind if family and friends. We know we have people we can count on and trust. They say most people only get one trued firend per lifetime. Well, we must be truly blessed because we have so many.

I went and had blood work done last week. My blood sugar is doing well. He did the full meal deal and my cholesterol was a little high. So now I get to take lipitor. People in my office were amazed that I was on it so young. It didn't surprise me. Afterall, I have been on high blood pressure meds for almost 15 years now. There's something about that family history...they were also amazed I don't eat many fried foods....that reason is simple, when I fry food I burn food.....I only eat it when someone else freis it and that's not very often. I even have a hard time eating McDonald's french fries.

Speaking of food, JoGail and I made these last night to take to Lubbock. It didn't make as many as aI would have liked, but we sure enjoy them! They are fun to amke and I bet Toot and Rebecca could make them!



Snowballs
1 8 oz block cream cheese
1 8 oz can crushed pineapple drained
coconut to roll the balls in

Mix together and then refrigerate 30-45 mins. Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in coconut.

1 comments:

Tom said...

Hope ya'll have a safe and wonderful trip!

TAC