Lauries Kitchen

Friday, November 26, 2010

I'm back....

What a wonderful Thanksgiving day we had! I am so thankful for my family and the rest! Everyone's taken a nap every day so far this school break! We've watched movies together and just hung out together. We were talking at Thanksgiving lunch about the Black Friday shopping and the girls wanted to go....So I took them at 11:15 last night. They were shocked. I was tired. JoGail flat gave out before we got checked out. When we got there people had already gotten into the items for sale and had their buggies full and were waiting in line to check out. Of course the checkouts didn't ring up the sale prices until 12:01 am so the lines were all the way to the back of the store. The girls each picked out what they wanted from each other, so at least it was a semi productive trip. I don' think either really wants to go back anytime soon, either!

I made some homemade cranberry sauce this and I loved it....absolutely loved it! I can't wait to make it again! I found the recipe in a magazine....it's a Tom Collichio (Top Chef) recipe! I have never tried homemade cranberry sauce before, so I was really shocked that I liked it. Coy didn't try it because he prefers the Ocean Spray type straight out of the can with the ridges intact. JoGail likes both and Grace doesn't eat cranberries....so it was ALL mine!

The second is one I 'created' using ideas from all over the internet. Again, since everyone else likes the traditional meal, even for leftovers, it's all mine too!!!!

Cranberry Sauce
Tom Collichio recipe

1 bag cranberries
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup sugar

Mix in a pan over low heat. Be sure to use a pan with tall sides since the popping will spill up the sides. Keep over low heat, letting berries pop. It will jell when about ready. Cool. store in refrigerator.

Leftover Turkey Sandwich
Compilation of several recipes

Leftover turkey
Leftover Gravy
Leftover Cranberry Sauce
2 pieces bread
2 pieces provolone cheese

Preheat over to broil. Spread cranberry sauce on both pieces of bread. Top with cut up turkey and put on top of cranberry sauce.  Top with gravy and then a piece of cheese. Toast in oven. Some recipes called for dressing on the sandwich as well.


Love,

Laurie

0 comments: