Lauries Kitchen

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Top ten things about last year......not in any particuliar order!

1. Watching Grace discover throwing the discus and learning to ready write. Just seeing my baby girl passionate about something made my heart happy.

2. Learning the JoGail is becoming more self directed. She's gotten al lher AR Reading points quickly in the first pasrt of the 6 weeks. (Previously we would be struggling to get them in the last weeks that they are due.) I'm very proud of her for that.

3. Continuing to realize how many friends I have in Eustace ! Just knowing I have friends I cna text, call or scream out helps. Sometimes I can get down, feeling like I live in a fish bowl, but I KNOW I have friends who will try to understand. We are truly a village trying to raise our kids!

4.  Suriving a due process hearing. In my line of work, that's when a parent basically sues the school for something to do with Special Ed. services. Not fun and  stressful, but I now KNOW I can handle it should it come up again. Well, actually it's not quite over yet, but knowing God is in control. Period.

5. Taking the girls to Ragley and watching them interact with MawMaw (my grndmother). Making memories!

6. Watching Coy lose weight and work out. Yes, it sort of inspires me.....sort of! He is very dedicated and determined. And he has started counting calories again, so I'm saving every wrapper I cook with!

7. Reconnecting with college suite mates. We had a girls away weekend and it was wonderful! We chat on facebook often now and that is stress relief at its best!

8. Starting to teach the junior high girls Sunday School class. (Yes, I actually put that!) I love those girls. They are funny and honest. I know what an  impact my Sunday School teacher had on me and I hope I am a good role model for them as well!

9. Rediscovering that God's ever protective arm is around me. Covering me.  But that I must read his Word to have hope! (Psalm 119:114). My Bible was my constant while I waited for 3 days to testify in the Due Process hearing. It was my comfort!

10. Seeing myself grow at work. Not having knee jerk reactions, or stating my opinion quite as much.I think I have learned to just be quiet a little more. ( I'm not sure if I have actually learned that yet, as I have to keep practicing that! )Seeing that I am making a difference in the lives of my kids I work with.  I love interacting with them. They can brighten a day full of paperwork!

2 comments:

Texpats said...

Hi Laurie!

We're Texans living in NYC creating a web series called Texpats. We found your blog and thought it was darling.
Our YouTube channel is giving away a copy of Lisa Fain's Homesick Texan cookbook to one of our subscribers on Feb 20th. We thought you and your readers may be interested.

Check out this comedy video with the details: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uElQZZcfDHs

Happy trails!
Jenny & Annette

Texpats said...

Hi Laurie!

We're Texans living in NYC creating a web series called Texpats. We found your blog and thought it was darling.
Our YouTube channel is giving away a copy of Lisa Fain's Homesick Texan cookbook to one of our subscribers on Feb 20th. We thought you and your readers may be interested.

Check out this comedy video with the details: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uElQZZcfDHs

Happy trails!
Jenny & Annette