Lauries Kitchen

Monday, July 08, 2013

Pineapple pecan cake

My goodness it's Monday again! That means sweeping and mopping along with a long list of things for me to do that I couldn't get done on the weekend! It always amazes me how dirty the floors get (we have a lot of tile). JoGail is on her way with the youth trip this week. please say a prayer for them as they complete their road trip and draw closer to the Lord and each other. Grace chose not to go (we're ok with that). She is looking forward to some quiet times and time with just Coy and I . She has been driving more. Her arms get a workout (because she is still stiff when she drives), but they will loosen up in time. She finished her speech class, so she has some extra time now to workout more. She loves working out. I'm making a pineapple-pecan cake this morning! I hope it turns our good. We need something different for dessert! Grace requested a roast and some chicken and dumplings while JoGail is gone. Roast today and chicken and dumplings Wednesday. Coy's still working up a storm at work. I think he's just about got the budget done and only needs to hire one more person. Those two things are always good to get done!

Here's the pineapple pecan cake recipe.

2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1-20oz can pineapple in juice
2 eggs
1 cup chopped pecans

Mix dry ingredients together and stir in wet ingredients and pecans. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Top with cream cheese frosting.


from Taste of Home


~Laurie

0 comments: