Lauries Kitchen

Friday, August 17, 2012

Taco cups and more!!!

I have been so blessed this week!!!! I got to visit with 2 good friends yesterday and it ABSOLUTELY made my day! Then I went to a volleyball game and sat with more good friends. I felt SOOOO social!!! (hehe for those that know me!)   My sister thinks I'm on a record breaking roll this summer for dinners with friends and get togethers with friends.....well maybe I am!

I cooked tonight for the coaches room at the volleyball tournament. I bought and took pizza yesterday but was informed by Grace that they WANT me to cook something g(she thought that was funny). So I cooked tonight. Cheesecake bars and taco cups. I have been making cheesecake bars since before we had the girls. I got the recipe in a 50cent cookbook magazineMawMaw Cole bought me at a dollar store. It is the only recipe in the book I use, but I do use it. It's one of Coy's favorites. Then I found a Taco Cup recipe on pinterest. I modified it of course (after all, I do work in Special Education and everything there is modified). They turned out awesome.  JoGail had one and was begging to eat more. I'll make her some more tomorrow since I had leftover fixings.

Taco Cups

wonton wrappers--I used 24
1 pound ground meat-I used turkey-browned and seasoned with taco seasoning
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
cheese salsa (it's by the salsa in the grocery store)
grated cheese for on top
muffin pan

Preheat oven to 375. Spray muffin tin with pam. Lay 1 wonton wrapper in each muffin cup. making sure its flat on the bottom. put 1 tsp cheese salsa in each cup. Next put 1 teaspoon meat, then black beans. Top with grated cheese and bake 20 mins.

I can envision other toppings such as jalapenos, guacamole (added after it cooks), etc. But I didn't have any of that. The cheese salsa is what makes these really good in my opinion!


can you tell I'm tired from working all week??? I'm kind of giggly!



0 comments: