Lauries Kitchen

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Update

Let's see...
Coy's salad (Of which I like NO ingredients-except the 2 TBS sugar) is made and in the fridge. The pie is made and in the other fridge. Turkey is thawed and awaiting 7 am in the morning. Dressing is in the fridge. Cranberry sauce is in the fridge. Finally broke down and went to Block buster for the girls to get movies-so JG would leave me alone!!!I love her but whew!!!!She got Barbie movies. Grace got Spaceballs...remember that??? and Mr. Magoo..pretty good choices for a twelve year old! Of course the 1 movie I actually wanted to see was all checked out--A Christmas Story. Several people have recommended ti to me for the girls. I have only had to tell JoGail to get away from the china dishes twice so far.......twice........She took the pumpkin crunch over to the neighbors this afternoon and I think she talked their ears off. She was gone about 20 minutes. A funny thing about it is that his first name is also Coy. How weird is that? I remember taking stuff to Mrs. Nelson's across the street when I was young. She made the best lemon meringue pie. Speaking of pies, Coy got a chocolate pie from Mrs. Frazier for his birthday. It was the first time I had ever tasted it.....IT WAS WONDERFUL. She told me she would teach me how to make one...maybe she can teach me before mom and dad visit next.
Speaking of which, for those who know, he has started his brittle making!!!!!He said he's making adjustments fro an electric stove, so we'll see if it measures up to the previous years....I'll bet it's even better.

I've been stumbling on the computer this evening and have found some new recipes to try!!!!!I think I'm going to try the chocolate pecan cheesecake bars to take to work next week. I stillhave to make Coy a chocolate layered cake sometime between now and Christmas. I promised him one for his birthday. But since there was so much going on for Grace we agreed to wait.

UPCOMING EVENTS FOR THE HOLCOMBE'S:

TOC First weekend of December --Cedar Hill
Eustace Christmas on the Square-Grace is on a float-Dec 13 (I think)
Board Meeting December 18
AWANAS-JoGail on Wed nights
First Band Concert-December 11
Grace's Christmas Get Together at the house-movies-December 19???
New Year's Eve Bonfire in Ragley, LA
Basketball First Game the first weekend of Jan (2nd)????

And of course all the activities at the Middle school and high school.

1 comments:

Deanna said...

Hello---Greg's soccer starts Jan. 3 Go BULLDOG soccer!!
I do expect to see you freezing you butt off with me this season!!!!