Lauries Kitchen

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Beef tips (sort of ) over noodles

It has been beautiful weather here! Sort of overcast but highs in the low 70's.....I cleaned out my closet and did chores around the house yesterday then cooked for lunch today. With both girls not wanting to play soccer this season, looks like more easy Saturdays may be in my future once we get finished with JoGail's basketball season! I can't wait!!!!  Looks like her tournament is the weekend of March 5, so bring on the spring! Maybe we will be able to get some day trips in as a family, too! We've been wanting to do that more.

I need advice.....we are looking into Florida and Disneyworld for our vacation. Where do I go to look for great discounts, etc? We've always said we wold take the girls when they were about this age, so that time is coming-either this summer or next. We just don't know where to start! Any websites, books, etc would be appreciated!

Making Laurie B' s beef patties in gravy got me to thinking.....why not try something like that with cheap round steak bites? I'm really not sure if I used cheap round steak or not, but it was a cheap package of meat labeled steak strips. Not much fat. I browned that.Started cooking the noodles. Put the rolls in the oven. Added my soups, then let that simmer while everything finished. It was delicious and brought back memories of my mom cooking. (Yes I had to taste the gravy with a piece of white bread!) It was truly remarkable for me because I have such difficulty making gravy.....I couldn't find the beefy mushroom soup, but I improvised. I will definitely stock up on the beefy mushroom soup when I go to Wal mart, since that's about the only place I can find it around here! :(


Beef tips over noodles

1 package of egg noodles-cook while making beef tips
1 package cheap cut of meat (about a pound and a half ) I used steak strips
2 cans french onion soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup with garlic
1 teaspoon oil
1 small can mushrooms-my girls love mushrooms

Put oil in skillet and turn stove on high. Cut meat into bite size pieces and put into the pan. Sear on both sides, turn heat down. Add soups and stir well. Let simmer while noodles cook. Serve over noodles and with bread and a vegetable.  I bet this would also be great over rice, too!

The whole meal for my family of four cost around ten dollars and we were all satisfied and full. Oh I forgot...we had butter cake with chocolate icing for dessert! Just a plain old 13x9 cake!


~Laurie

0 comments: