Lauries Kitchen

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Taco soup

AAAhhhhhhh  Taco Soup!!! I took several recipes and created my own. Well, it may be someone else's but if it is, I don' t know it! I'm glad I made a big ol' pot last night. We go a snow day today, so we had it for lunch with cornbread. It really hit the spot! There's maybe enough for 1 person to have leftovers for supper, so I would say it was a hit!

Taco Soup

1 can chili beans, drained
1 large can pinto beans, drained
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can green chilis, drained
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 can rotel
1 package ground turkey meat
1 small can tomato paste
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 package taco seasoning
4 cups water

Brown ground turkey in bottom of soup pot. While doing this, drain the first 5 ingredients in a strainer. I have a large one, so I just throw them in all in at the same time. After meat is browned, add first 5 ingredients. Add rotel and green chilis. Add seasoning packets-and stir well. Then add the tomato paste and water. Let simmer to heated through. As with most soups, it is significantly better the next day! It is great topped with some shredded cheese. Coy loves it with cornbread baked in his Grandma's pan.

I'm not sure what we're having for supper as this was supposed to be supper, so we'll have to see!

Laurie

0 comments: