Lauries Kitchen

Saturday, February 11, 2012

My new (old) flexibility.....

Awwww....flexibility.....that implies changes.....changes to my routine, changes to my plans.....it was the keyword when I was on mission trips in high school; it was the keyword when I was working a camps in the summer; it was the keyword when I was in ElPaso by myself; it was the keyword when the girls were much younger; and it's still the keyword!

Our duct taped together washing machine started leaking water form the bottom. So, we went and found one today. But it means my weekend schedule is all messed up. And I know some of you have heard me talk about Coy and his routines and Grace and her routines and JoGail's lack of routines, but I am just as guilty as Grace and Coy! I guess Grace comes by it doubly naturally! And yet as I sit here typing this I realize that laundry getting done on a certain really isn't a big deal. But it is to me!  It means I will think it's Saturday tomorrow afternoon when I am doing it!  

We end up buying a huge machine. It was weird to hear Coy say," You know it's big, but we have to think about when the girls are gone."  I don't even want to think about that! 

Sidenote.....We pulled the old machines out and I pleased to only see dust back there--I was expecting socks, etc that had fallen behind the machines! At that moment I felt like I had won the lottery!

Back to flexibility, we just found out when JoGail's post season basketball tournament is and it is, of course, when we had planned a trip to Lubbock to see both of Coy's sisters. So we are trying to reschedule a long overdue trip. We are hoping it will work out. (There's that word flexibility again coming to mind.)

So I guess I stretch my mind and try to be flexible without griping.....

0 comments: