Lauries Kitchen

Sunday, February 05, 2012

New twist on an old recipe

I saw a recipe on pinterest and decided to try it out. We were already having salsa chicken for lunch, so I decided to try my idea out. I made the regular salsa chicken and added some corn and black beans to the crockpot. Then I cooked some brown rice and we ate the crockpot mixture over the rice. It wasn't bad! The girls like it plain, so  I left some for them. Next time maybe I will have some cilantro to throw in it! I didn't have any and didn't want to make a trip to the store just for that (because I knew I would buy other stuff, too!)
We've been busy! Coy's back from his Midwinter conference. He said it was one of the best he's been to in a while. Basketball is winding down for Grace and track is getting started. JoGail's basketball team isn't doing too bad. They are fun to watch. Those girls have improved so much.

We're still waiting on winter weather. Not sure if we are going to have any this year or not. We need it! The bugs and allergies will be horrible if we don't. After the rain last week everything looks green and springy.

We're still counting calories. Both Coy think our clothes are fitting better, so that's all the at matters! We are both more aware of what we eat now. I"m boycotting counting calories today...I think I just need a break !!!

0 comments: