Lauries Kitchen

Saturday, February 25, 2012

It's a beautiful day!

It's a beautiful day here in East Texas! Lots of sunshine to dry out the ground from the recent rains. House cleaning this morning. (Then I found on the Internet (where you can find ANYTHING) that my housecleaning efforts got me about 200 calories 'back'!) JoGail was home and helped. She is a good helper. No griping, just needed a couple of breaks every now and then. Grace was at UIL competition, so she got out of it this week. Laundry's almost done, so I just need to iron for the week and make sure it's all put away.

I have so much to be thankful for...a husband who loves me and makes me laugh, friends who are also coworkers, people who help with the girls, my girls.....so much that can't even list. No, we're not living a perfect life-JoGail's grades are dropping (she isn't paying attention to what she should be doing), Grace is struggling with living in a 'fish bowl'....but we love each other and have each other. That's enough for me.

I have been purposely reading the Psalms. It's so eye opening when He shows me the ones who are hurting around me. I pray fervently that He will cover my friends and acquaintances with His love. I get excited thinking about how HE will provide for them and solve their dilemmas. It may not be the way I think (probably won't be) or they way I want Him to solve the situations, but He will and it will be exciting to see how He chooses to do this!

The calorie counting app is still working. Coy is feeling better than he has in awhile (I think he's lost almost 15 pounds) and I am still chugging along (I have most almost 9 pounds). I have been trying to incorporate afternoon walks into my routine. I am up to about 20 minutes. I have to watch the weather though and my allergies. I am planning on restarting the Couch to 5k app in about a week. While I hope the weather holds so I can get outside more, I am nervous about allergies/sinus problems starting up! I just beat a cold/allergies..I know allergies are going to be bad this spring since we didn't really get enough cold weather to kill everything. But I determined to be in decent shape when we hit the track during summer workouts this summer!!!! ( I can't believe BOTH of my girls will be doing that this summer!!!)

Laurie

0 comments: