Lauries Kitchen

Monday, April 16, 2012

Salmon cakes--yummo!

I was experimenting again tonight with a recipe from pinterest.I have been wanting some  since I saw my mom making some. I researched some recipes...wouldn't be any fun if I didn't! :) After I found a suitable recipe that I could make my own, I read the reviews. That's when I discovered that I could bake them instead of frying them! I'm not a good fryer. (never have mastered that)...about the only thing I fry is squash....so anyway, I bought the ingredients up for this recipe and saved them for when I knew we were trying to stretch it to payday....so here's my adapted recipe. I adapted it from a kraft foods recipe. Oh and Coy ate them with ketchup; I ate it with mustard; JoGail ate it with tarter sauce and Grace ate them plain.
So, eat it with whatever you like!

Salmon cakes
adapted from kraftfoods.com

2 packages salmon in water ( I think mine were 5 ounces)
1 package stove top stuffing mix
3/4 c water
1 egg
1/3 cup lite mayo

Mix all ingredients together. Form into patties and bake at 350 for 15 mins. Flip patties then bake another 15 minutes.

I calculated it at 126 calories per pattie and I made 9 patties.

I would think you could  freeze them if you needed fewer. But there were none left here, so I don't even get to take one in my lunch!

Tuna could be used in place of the tuna.

0 comments: