Lauries Kitchen

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Guess blogspot has made some changes since I last posted......ahhh the joys of technology. Sometimes I just wish they would leave things alone and not 'advance' in technology. But that would not be life would it???

Grace competed at the Regional track meet in Stephenville this past weekend. Even though she didn't advance she competed well, throwing he discus a personal best. She is passionate about throwing the discus and I predict we will be back next year and the year after and the year after. She's like that. Once she gets a passion for something she goes all out. Kind of like her Daddy! JoGail and I had fun yesterday. She helped me clean out closets, dressers, etc and not once did she complain. She was rewarded with a bottle of 'chi' for her hair. I say rewarded because that stuff was expensive! But I believe she deserved it. Not many 12 year olds would help like she did and never complain. Plus we had a good time doing it.  So proud of the girls. My favorite moment of the weekend was Grace coming in and giving JoGail a hug. They do miss each other when they are apart!

So proud of my baby sister! She ran (Yes, RAN) in her first 5K race! It was for March Of Dimes and in honor of her and Alex's daughter Marcy. Missy trained hard and it paid off! So so proud of her!!! She got to cross it off her bucket list. And now that she KNOWS she can do it, she'll have to find some more races to run! I couldn't be in Amarillo for it, but I got up at the start time of the race and walked here-thinking about her and Alex and Marcy the whole time.

Happy Birthday to my MONKEY MAN!!!!!! You know who you are! I can't believe how big you and your brother are getting. I know you are going to love going to the Rangers game! :) Looks like you had a good time eating and swimming yesterday, too!

Well. it's 'banquet season' here for Coy and I. We love seeing everyone get rewarded for their hard work. We have several next week, so that will keep us busy!


~Laurie

0 comments: