Lauries Kitchen

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tuna Casserole with Fresh Spinach

Saw this on pinterest and thought my family might like it, since they love tuna and they love spinach! I modified it some to lower the calorie content. I've never really tried to make a tuna casserole before. Partly because Coy has always said his mom's was the best and I didn't have her recipe. And partly because I really don't remember my mom making this. It was easy to make and I suspect it will be made many times in our house! It's pretty low calorie and almost fat free, too!

Tuna casserole with fresh spinach

1 bag extra wide noodles ( I used  Ronzoni. )
2- 6.4 oz packages tuna in water
2 cans cream mushroom soup
2 handfuls washed and dried spinach
1/2 cup bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 425. Cook noodles and drain. While noodles are cooking, mix tuna, soup and spinach. Add in noddles when drained well. Stir and pour into casserole pan. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Bake covered for about 30-40 minutes. Take foil/lid off and cook another 5-7 minutes.

Laurie

0 comments: