Lauries Kitchen

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Catching Up!

Wow.....been a busy weekend and week so far! Busy but good!!  Grace playe dher last 7th grade basketball game last night. Of course, she sprained her ankle again....so she get some time off now. She has also been introduced to the 'bucket of ice'. She is not a fan of that! But she did keep it in it withoug crying, wailing, or anyone having to sit on her.
JoGail is getting excited about writing. She is coming up with some good stories. Not sure about teh grammar, etc, but she is excited to be writing. Of course, I happen to think she has one of the best teachers around and that helps too! She's almost gotten all her AR points for this six weeks, too. Those suckers can be hard for her to get! She's learning the game of basketball. It's so fun to watch her play. Somehow she always ends up guarding the tallest player!
On to the challenge! We have been doing better eating out of the pantry and trying new things....Very good for a low carb dip!

Chicken Dip
1 block cream cheese
1 can cream chicken soup
1 can chicken, drained
jalepenos

Heat up and serve. It's pretty good!

JoGail and I made a new dessert, too. It didn't turn out as flavorful as we hoped, so it is just ok....Sweet Strawberry Pie

Shop 1 1/2 cups strawberries and sprinkle some sugar on. Let sit for about an hour at room temperature.
Cream 2 blocks cream cheese and 1/2 cup sour cream. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar. Cream till smooth. Mix in 1 packet dream whip. Stir in strawberries and pour into graham cracker crust.

I am planning on trying to make Paula Deen's red velvet cake this Thursday for Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

I want a small sliver of the red velvet cake. If I make it, I will eat it ALL!

Melissa Priest said...

My friend Lori told me today she is making some recipe off your blog. Ill let ya know how it comes out! It has cresent rolls in it I think...

Laurie said...

ok Let me know how it turns out.