Lauries Kitchen

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Finally

Well, I am finally feeling better....cold, strep and crud.....took a while! We have been so busy-as we always are in the spring. No basketball this weekend...but a trip to Academy in Mesquite is in order...JoGail thinks she has outgrown her tennis shoes, so she has been wearing Grace's hand me downs.....pretty orphan looking...but hey I haven't felt good so I really haven't cared! Moreover my meds made me REALLY not care! JoGail really thinks they (the shoes) make her run faster since they were 'her' Gracie's. Grace is doing better. Her ankle is pretty much healed. She is having a blast throwing the discus in track. I can't wait to see her in her first track meet. I have given her CLEAR instructions to stay away from the hurdles!!!!!LOL old, old stories there, folks....my knees still has the scars!

Speaking of Grace.......she has done a FIRST for someone on MY side of the family........she made a 100 on her report card in Math!   (OK, so David Girola may have done this, I don't know).....Should have seen her daddy beaming!  She's really beginning to enjoy the youth group and especially the Bible study on Wed nights about angels...growing up way too fast!

JoGai lhas her BIG Writing TAKS test next week......she will do great....I really don't care what she makes...she has started to develop a love for writing and that's all I really care about. Really.She made all A's again......But alas it's a new six weeks, so mom becomes the battle ax about those doggone AR points......gotta start all over every six weeks!


Ok time to post a recipe.....not sure if I have posted this before or not....this is one thing Grace knows how to fix!

Grace's Fish

1 package tilapia ( I buy this at Wal Mart in a red bag)
I can't believe it's not butter spray
Lawry's Lemon pepper (this is her favorite brand)

Thaw fish. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray fish with butter spray (I have also melted butter and used this). Place fish in glass baking dish sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Put lemon pepper on fish (Grace likes alot, JoGail doesn' t like much). Bake for 12-15 minutes or until fish is flaky.

Laurie

0 comments: