Lauries Kitchen

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Blessings Are All Around Me

Yes, all around me in little old Eustace Texas! Let's see.....I got to see JoGail perform in a talent show this morning...Alyssa sang and she did her version of sign langauge to the song "Mine" by Taylor Swift. In addition to seeing her perform I got to see and catch up a little with the best teachers in the state of Texas! Some of my dearest and best friends are still teaching there. I love how they make every kid feel important every day. Then I got to type some more reports! Now I finally realized that the blessing in this is that I got another one finished!!! I am slowly and I mean slowly eating the elephant called initial referral reports. Another blessing is that I am beginning to feel like the end of the school year is near. It's a good feeling. Then I was blessed by having a room full of friends to work with today! Almost every spot was taken by someone! We were all little worker bees, though. Not much chit chat today. A surprise blessing was Jayme making dips, cheese balls,. etc and bringing them to work! I love her corn dip....love, love , love it! Then I was blessed to be able to come home and cook supper (it's been awhile since we have been busy). They ate just about every bite, too....even more blessed to cook squash and zucchini from our garden! Coy blessed me with spending time with me. I cherish every minute we have alone and truly enjoy catching up with him.  I had a headache coming, so I went outside and was blessed by the sunshine. I pulled weeds in the front flower bed....my blessing there was that they sure are easier to pull when the get tall and it has rained! Then I came in and JoGail wanted to cook. So we found a new recipe in a new cookbook from my Secret Sister at church -Philadelphia cream cheese recipes--and made cherries in the snow. It's sweet but good!!!! Now it's my turn to bless.....I 'm going to surprise Coy and get his attire ready for graduation on Saturday. Trust me, he'll be surprised it's done before Saturday morning! :)


Cherries in the Snow
from Philadelphia Cream Cheese Recipe Book
1 brick cream cheese room temperature-or microwave a little
1/2 cup sugar
1 small tub cool whip (Grace ate a bowl full of this, so I actually used a little less and it turned out ok)
1 can cherry pie filling--you can use others but you will have to change the name!

Beat cream cheese and sugar. Stir in cool whip. Place a little in a bowl and top with the pie filling.


Laurie

0 comments: