Lauries Kitchen

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Snickers Salad, Grape Delight

We are having another salad luncheon at work tomorrow. Not a problem, except that (in case you haven't noticed), I'm not a big salad eater. So, I have been scouraging the net trying to find something to make for my friend Suzette who is retiring. It just won't be the same without her but I know her sister well and will find her when I need her. :)   So, I saw this recipe several places and decided to try it. JoGail loves it. I promised her I would make it for Memorial Day. Without further adoo, here's the recipe. The source is not listed because I saw it lots of places including allrecipes, cooks.com and pinterest.

Snickers Salad

1 extra large tub cool whip
1 box instant vanilla pudding
3 green apples chopped into bite size pieces
3 regular size snickers bars-cut lengthwise doum the middle then into bite size pieces

Mix fiurst two ingredients well then stir in the apples and snickers pieces. Best if you let it sit in the fridge a while before serving.


The other 'salad' I am trying is Grape Delight. I got this recipe from Diana Chambers here in Eustace. She wrote it down for me to put in Grace's cookbook.  I usually don't try those recipes but she kept asking me if I had tried it. She kept saying 'it's good' and she was right! By the way, this IS NOT diabetic friendly!

Grape Delight
Diane Chambers

8 ounces cream cheese
1 can Eagle brand  ANYthing with this is good, right?
1 large bynch washed and dried grapes

Mix cream cheese and Eagle Brand together. Stir in grapes and let sit in the frisde before serving.

0 comments: