Lauries Kitchen

Saturday, August 30, 2008

New recipe!!!!!

I made this today for lunch. I got the recipe froma dear co-worker, Jane. It was so good and I duplicated it well!!!!

Jane's Open Face Stromboli

1 package turkey peperoni
1 package Italian sausage, browned
1 jar pizza sauce
1 french bread (the kind already baked)
olive oil (to drizzle)
Mozz cheese

Cut the bread in half. Then slice lengthwise to get 8 slices. Place on baking sheet lined with foil (easy cleanup). Drizzle bread with olive oil, then put 2 teaspoons of pizza sauce on each bread. Put peperoni and cooked suasage in blender or food processor and chop until very fine. Put meat on top of pizza sauce. Cover in cheese. Broil until hot and cheese melts. Eat it likes its a piece of pizza. Yummy! Yummy!

School started this past Monday. JoGail had her name moved on Wednesday. Yes, for talking. So here we go again. She says she gets stuff on her mind and just has to talk. So I am thinking about sending a notebook (the one Aunt Missy decorated with her name on it) to school with her so she can write down her thoughts when she feels like the HAS to talk. What do you'll think????She loves her teacher and really loves finally getting to the Intermediate school! Her soccer practice started last week,so she was in full swing. By Thursday night she was going to bed at 7!!!She was so tired.

Grace made her away around the Middle School. She has discovered she sits behind the same person in almost every class because they assign them seats alphabetically. All of the sudden she's into taking 3 showers a day and toting a hairbrush around (never thought I would see that!). She's participating in band and wants to play the trumpet. I think Missy is still locating Mike's so maybe she can use that one. She says she will give us a wake up call in the morning when she learns to play it. We'll see. Her soccer is going in full swing. They have 13 players this season, so there's not alot of substitutes! Her team will be in at least 2 tournaments, so I will try to let everyone know when and where they are.I haven't received a schedule for either team yet. I am planning to try and scan it and post it when I get them.

Coy is starting to take after PawPaw Cole. He told them it was called Labor Day for a reason, so they have been outside raking with him. (beats moving wood) They have worked doing that most of this afternoon. Speaking of Coy, he gets some wisdom teeth pulled Wednesday. (first thing in the morning) The girls are spending Tuesday might with Deanna and Jason, since I couldn't get them to school on time and have him in Tyler at that time. I'm praying it goes well. We'll see.

My relatives in Lake Charles, LA are fanning out again. Hopefully the storm won't be as bad as Katrina and Rita were. Just be safe and keep in touch!

I learned how to crochet a little yesterday afternoon. We had a 'hen' party after work and I think I finally got it. I know why Emmer had arthritis. My hands were hurting something fierce when I first started! Still trying to learn how to make a pot holder or dish rag......guess what everyone is getting for Christmas????haha we'll see. Better tell me your favorite colors just in case, though.


Well, I am typing this on the home computer and Grace is picketing until I get off.....Missy has some good news so call her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am soo proud of her!!!!!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Ok Missy.......
Share the good new?!?

Laurie said...

She won first place at the state fair scrapbooking competition.

Tina Butler said...

Oh wow that recipe does sound good. I think i will have to give it a try. Thanks for stopping by Mommys Kitchen I hope you come back and visit again.