Lauries Kitchen

Monday, April 26, 2010

tuna melt and mustard crusted chicken

Ok OK I admit it...I had never had a tuna melt until tonight.....and oh my! One of my friends at church was telling me how she did it and I thought...I could do that! I opended the tuna, mixed in a smidgen of maynonaise and put it on a sandwich thin. Then I put a piece of cheese on it and broiled it for  afew minutes.......oh it was good! I had a choice of American or provolone cheese and I opted for the provolone....I bet the American would be good too...Gotta remember this for the summer..This would make a quick meal for everyone and somewhat healthy!

This next recipe is one that is going in the gotta try file. It's from siggyspice.blogspot.com. Again, this can be somewhat healthy with some tweaking...I can't wait to try it!


Mustard crusted chicken

•4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts


•1 ½ cups bread crumbs, I like to use the Italian style

•½ cup grated parmesan cheese

•1 teaspoon salt

•1 teaspoon Worchester sauce

•½ cup melted butter

•1 clove garlic, finely minced (you can use the jarred or frozen garlic equivalent)

•1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix bread crumbs, salt, and parmesan cheese.

Melt butter in separate bowl and add garlic, Worchester sauce, and Dijon mustard.

Allow butter mixture to cool a bit, then dip chicken in mixture to coat.

Dip coated chicken in crumb mixture. Place in baking dish , 13"x9" works well, that has been sprayed with non-stick spray or butter.

Cook for 45 minutes – 1 hour until cooked through.
 
 
On a side note I found some unsalted pretzels tonight and they weren't bad! I also bought some fresh raspberries....neve rhad them as far as I know.....trying to branch out to  new things!
 
10x5.14
 
~Laurie

0 comments: