Lauries Kitchen

Saturday, April 10, 2010

WHOA!!! What a Friday......I mean week!

First of all, I am so tired I can barely think straight but I can't sleep. Let me explain. The deficit audit I talked about in the last post? Well, let's just say it pu tmy brain on overload! Auditors gave us lots to think about and since it wasn't a 'real' one (we asked for them to come, they didn't invite themselves), we were able to ask questions and get suggestions from them. I think I took something  like 6 pages of notes. The auditors kept saying we did really well overall but we know (and previously knew) some areas we need to improve on. As my  husband would say, that's what it's all about!
Then I changged clothes and headed up to the concession stand for the junior high track meet. I was late and missed seeing Grace throw the shot and discus, but I did get to see her run the 800 and 400. She FINALLY looked like a runner running. It wasn't all choppy and jerky. She didn't place but ran great races in both. Oh my goodness I had forgotten how fun the concession stand can be. I am not joking! It was just what I needed (minus the little  snippets of BBQ). It's hard work and demanding on my body (standing so long), but I enjoy it. The people working are always a hoot. Some of those ladies run every concession stand Eustace. They do a great job. But I think I drank 4 bottles of water during my duty from 4:30 to 9:30 so I have been up going to the restrooom ALL night long!
On to some recipes.
This first one is one JoGial found in a Herhsey's cookbook she gave me for Christmas. Yeah. These are awesome and super easy! Yummmmy! They were gone at work in a record time.

Kisses Crescents
from Hershey Kisses (brand) Recipes

1 package crescent roll dough
bag hershey kisses

Heat oven to 375. Unroll dough into the 8 triangles. Unwrap 3 kisses for each crescent roll. Place kisses in the center wide end of each triangle. Place an additional kiss on top of the other two ( I kind of fit mine together like a puzzle). Roll crescent roll up. Place seam side down on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Sift with powdered sugar.

Notes: Some of my dough tore when I was separating it. So I just made bit size ones with either 1 or 2 kisses in them. These were very popular since they were bite size.

I orignally saw this next recipe at Mommy's Kitchen. I wasn't sure how I would like the wonton cups. But off I went to the store to get them. Tina has great photos of hwo to prepare these at her website. The wonton cups were easy to make but seemed a little rubbery to me so next time I will just make it as a hot dip and serve with crackers or chips.


Hidden Valley Ranch Sausag Stars
from Mommy's Kitchen

1 - Package Original Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix


(prepared according to package directions)

1 lb  regular sausage, browned & drained

1 - 8oz Bag Kraft Mexican 4 Cheeses

1/2 - cup green or red bell pepper (optional)

1 - package Wonton wrappers



Brown sausgae and drain off any grease, set aside. Mix ranch dressing according to package directions. Mix the sausage, prepared dressing, bell pepper (if using) and cheese together and chill for 30 minutes. Place won ton wrappers in a lightly greased muffin tin. Bake 5-7 minutes until lightly golden brown. Watch them carefully so they dont get to brown. Remove from oven and let cool a bit. When cooled add a couple tablespoons full of sausage mixture. Return to the oven and bake 5-7 minutes until cheese melts. Let cool just a bit and serve.

Well, I am off to try and sleep some more....
 
~Laurie

0 comments: