Lauries Kitchen

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Bisquick Chicken and Corn Flake Zuchinni

Yes you read the right...It is not a typo!  I have been seeing the recipe on my blogs and everyone was raving about them. Then we accumulated so much zuchinni from the garden.....and I'm sure there's more to come with the sweet rain we hav ebeen having lately....so I decided to try it. Coy added more seasoning to his but JoGail adnI loved loved loved it! Grace is still recovering from getting her wisdom teeth out, so she's stuck with blue box macaroni and cheese! It's been over 12 hours since she has even had an advil, so I think she's doing well. I tried the bisquick chicken for two reasons....I had the stuff and it reminded me of the chicken we used to make out the Mission Outreach Center in Brownsville every Wednesday.....I've been hunting that recipe and I thinkk I finally found something pretty close. It was wonderful. Just be careful not to let the chicken cook too long or it may dry out.

Tomorrow I will try to post again and show you a picture of what I made.....took awhile....but it should be pretty cute, patriotic, and tasteful!

I'm still working on how to add a page to my blog so I can index the recipes...it's like reading a foreign language to me at this point!

Bisquick Chicken
 1 tablespoon butter, melted
2/3 c bisquick (I had the heart healthy kind)
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 pounds chicken

Heat overn to 350. Put melted butter in baking pan (I used my cast iron skillet)
Mix dry ingredients in a pie pan. Dip chicken in dry ingredients and place in pan. Bake 30 minutes then turn. Bake 20-30 more minutes or until juices run clear.


Cornflake Zuchinni

1 1/2 cups crushed corn flakes
2 beaten eggs (can add salt/pepper to season)
1-2 zuchinni (depending on size)

Heat oven to 350. Get out baking sheet and line with foil for easy clean up. Spray with pam. Slice zuchinni. Dip each slice in egg then coat with cornflakes. Push cornflakes into zuchinni a little to help make it stick. Bake about 30 minutes. These are really crunchy!

optional.....you can put shredded parmesan cheese on top when they are almost done.

Nope I have not been on my diet today.....been a nice little break! I did walk extra long yesterday and this morning though !

This post has been linked up to Potluck Sunday at http://www.mommyskitchen.net/  

1 comments:

Tiffany @ Eat at Home said...

Both of those sound good. This is the time of year to get creative with zucchini :-)