Lauries Kitchen

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I am trying....

I am trying to get my menu ready for next week....had a week off !!!!  Grace gets her wisdom teeth out Friday...say a prayer...she's never had any kind of anethesia before! By the way, one of my best friends became a Nana yesterday! Good job Jessica and Josh! She's a cutie for sure! So back to menu planning...I feel like we are really beginning to eat the same thing over and over...the upside is that they eat what I cook! We are planning on cooking out Sat for the 4th.  Here's what I have come up with so far....

Hamburgers with all the trimmings (fresh tomatoes from the garden!!!!)
French Fries-cooked by Grace if she is up to it
Red white and blue jello finger food (has a layer of eagle brand in it)
Toffee bars (new recipe I want to sneak in! )
Tea
Lemonade

Now to the rest of the week!

Wednesday-pizza at church
Thursday-Shrimp!
Friday-lunch --tuna sandwiches with veggies and hummus (yummo)
Friday supper----no idea yet
Saturday-hamburgers one meal, cereal the other
Sunday -Hernandez!  and then leftovers
Monday -pork chops and veggies
Tuesday-spaghetti with bread sticks


There you go . I finished it....Now to stick with it and pick out what I can/cannot eat! I have to remember that cooked a bunch of meat up and froze it this week. I want to try a recipe with chicken drumsticks and may try that one day at lunch next week. That would be good to heat up as well! My basket of lunch food is running over!!! YEAH!!!! Got strawberries fro $1.38 a carton alst week and froze almost all of them! Planning to make smoothies with those! Gotta add snacks for our trip, though. Need to start stocking up. Going to be along trip....but that's another story!

I'm glad Coyis home from his trip. There's just something about my little family being together that makes me feel all gushy inside!

~Laurie

1 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

aww yay for you! I hope you have a great (and safe) trip!