Lauries Kitchen

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Dancing

This past week has been rough but has also been a blessing. Rough for some obvious reasons. Blessing because I have been reminded that people do care. I mean really really do care. I read sometime that when you ar ein the valley to try adn think about what the view will be like when you get to the top of the mountaintop. Well, my view would include my friends and church family. I found a Bible verse that I think I will 'adopt'. Psalm 30:11. "You turned my sobbing into dancing;you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy." What do you'll think? I go to sleep each night knowing three things.....one God loves me more than anything. Two, I have friends praying that I will sleep well, and three ...I will dance tomorrow....(four....Coy is right beside me! )

OK, onto one of my all time favorite cafeteia foods....I doubt they get to make this anymore with all the new nutrition requirements, but it does have peanut butter in it....that's a protein, right? And it's not fried! That should count for something! Now I haven't tried this exact recipe, because I just found it...but I have taken arecipe from teh kitchen of Evant ISD and Nanny Hyatt and tried it before. Evant's cafeteria always made this as a test day snack. And the techers ate as much as the kids! Sometimes they would serve it for breakfast. They always made a pan for the kids and a pan fro the teachers! When I was pregnant I ate it EVERy time they made it. It is definately a favorite!!  I plan to make this in a couple of weeks for Wacky Wednesdays as a snack soon. I know the kids will love it!


http://www.nancyskitchen.com




Peanut Butter Cornflake Candy




1 c. sugar
1 c. corn syrup
1 1/2 c. peanut butter
5 c. cornflakes



Bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil. Remove from heat immediately and stir in peanut butter. Stir until peanut butter has melted. Add cornflakes and stir. Mixture will be stiff. Drop on waxed paper to cool.





source   http://www.nancyskitchen.com/

Enjoy!

~Laurie

2 comments:

Deanna said...

this is addictive! I can't make this snack at home because I tend to eat it all by myself, one nibble at a time! LOL

♥ Kathy said...

I found out about blessings from friends this week too :)