Lauries Kitchen

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Doom on you!

Sitting here watching Ice Age with Coy and JoGail and heard one of my all time favorite movie lines....said by the dodo birds....."if you weren't smart anough to plan ahead then doom on you!" Reminded me to try and do a menu plan for this week. This is the last week of school for the girls. Things have been really wild around here lately.  I am not going to do a menu plan for this week. Most nights we will settle with cold cereal and enjoy it since it's so hot here. Coy saw a bank sign that said it's 104 degrees today!  Coy is set to leave for Austin for a NCLB meeting on Tuesday and return Friday. Then we might have a soccer tournament this weekend, plus a big day Sunday at church.

Speaking of church, i just want to say how much I love our church-the people not necessarily  the building. I have always heard that when you are hurting you should draw your strength from your church family. That is definately happening for me right now. It's amazing how a prayer with a prayer warrior can calm me and let me rest. Just knowing others are praying has been comforting to Coy and I.  I realize not everyone may feel that way about my church or any church for that matter. But for us it is a source of strength, as I imagine God intended it to be. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

~Laurie

0 comments: