Lauries Kitchen

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Two new recipes!!!!

I am posting two new recipes to fix for out Bosses' luncheon tomorrow. One I had at my baby sister's graduation party.....green bean bundles...and let me tell you they are good and NOT on my diet! (Way too much salt)

Speaking of my diet, it hasn't been going to well lately...I think it's the antibiotic for my sinuses that are throwing it off. And the bad part i sthat I don't think it's working! Headaches are becoming a part of my life again and I do not like it. Please keep me in your prayers so that we know what the next course of treatment should be. I am supposed to go back to the dr for a CT scan on July 1 but I doubt seriously if I will make it that long unless something starts changing. Specifically it's my left sinus right under my eye. That's the same place I got hit with a softball while teachign in Evant. I have always wondered if that has something to do with it. On to my recipes!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sweet-Green-Bean-Bundles/Detail.aspx


This one is straight from all recipes......

Green Bean Bundles
Ingredients


3 (14.5 ounce) cans whole green beans, drained

1 pound bacon, cut in half

1/2 cup butter, melted

1 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon garlic salt

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.

2.Wrap 7 green beans with bacon and place in prepared dish. Repeat, using all the green beans and bacon.

3.Combine butter with brown sugar. Pour over green bean bundles and sprinkle with garlic salt.

4.Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
 
Basically these are long green beans wrapped in bacon and topped with butter, brown sugar and some garlic. The butter and brown sugar caremelize making it awesome! I am going to cook them today and then just reheat them tomorrow. They can be eaten with just your hands, too !

The next recipe is one I have not tried.....but I am going to! I'm planning on taking it tomorrow as welll..No it's not on my diet, either!!! 

Easy Fruit Salad
Drain two cans fruit cocktail and mix with a small box french vanilla pudding mix. Chill before serving

I am beginning to think of what I need to teach the girls this summer. How to do their own laundry is definately on the list. I am thinking I mam going to write the steps down and post it by the washing machine. Grace may also learn to mop while Joail is vacumming. JoGail already vacumms so it'll just be working with Grace. I love being off and having time to walk with my friends and kind of get caught up around the house. The girls are great about helping, too. I am so blessed!

0 comments: