Lauries Kitchen

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Two new recipes!!

WHOOT !!! WHOOT!!!!!! Two new quick and easy recipes! I stole one from Tina at church, just tweaked it to make it easier for me to do and then the other one is from Mrs. beasley at Coy's school. I am making both to take to work tomorrow. It's the 3rd annual dish swap! We draw names. Then we buy a dish that costs less than $ 15.00 ( you can find cute ones at Hobby Lobby usually half off! ) and then we fill the dish with food. (I always try to fix soemthing they would like.) Then we all partake of all the food and then the dish goes home with whoever's name you drew! It's a cool way to add seasonal dished to your collection! On to the recipes!!!!

This doesn't have a name, so suggestions are welcome!
 Crescent Ham Rollups  ??????
1  can crescent rolls (if you can find the crescent sheet, that would work even better)
1 small tub spreadable cream cheese with onions and chives
shaved ham
shaved pepper jack cheese

I bought the Hillshire farm shaved ham and it worked great ( in the lunch meat section)
I used deli pepper jack cheese since they could shave it for me.

Preheat oven to 375. Roll out crescent dough and pinch seams together. Spread cream cheese. Place ham over cream cheese and top with a row of cheese down the middle. Roll up jelly roll style. Cut into slices. Tina sliced hers really thin, I sliced mine like I would cinnamon rolls. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake 10-11 mins.


Cranberry Jalapeno Relish
from Mrs. Beasley

1 bag cranberries, rinsed
1 red onion
1/3 bunch cilantro
2 jalapenos
1 cup sugar

Combine in a food processor and process until fine. Refrigerate over night. Serve plain with crackers or serve over cream cheese. This makes alot. I made half the recipe and had plenty for 1 small bowl of plain and some to serve over cream cheese.


Enjoy!

0 comments: