Lauries Kitchen

Saturday, June 11, 2011

My summer of Blessings

Some people I know choose a word to focus on throughout a year. Well, I am simplifying it. I am choosing a word to focus on this summer. First and foremost, I give thanks to God my Father for all these blessings. He
blesses in so many ways so often that I often overlook the little things. But the little things often add up to BIG things, ya know? So I will focus on the BIG and little things that I perceive as blessings. You may or may not agree with my perception, but it's my blog so my perception counts on this.

First of all my family is my blessing. Coy is such a blessing. So calm and collected when I am ranting and raving about something or MORE LIKELY when I am obsessing over something.

The girls. Each is so special in their own way. I really don't even know where to start.

My extended family...my parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles....each has accepted Coy and I as we are and loved out girls unconditionally. That is a blessing. Being far away from each other,  it's easy to overlook this. But trust me. IT is a blessing.

My friends and 'family' here in Eustace and Mabank. Wow. God has prepared some neat people to bless here. This includes our work family and church family. So many have taken us in and loved us. Thank you!

Some little blessings.......my couches that the girls cleaned....the feel of clean sheets on my bed when I slide in.....free books to read from the library....sweet tea....bath soap that smells good....an air conditioner that's working....a netbook that works!!!!!

I'm planning on a few more posts that highlights my blessings this summer.......stay tuned!

0 comments: