Lauries Kitchen

Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Squash-A blessing!!!

Summer squash is everywhere in my kitchen!!!!!!  What a blessing for someone who loves the stuff! (we do!)  At some point I concocted this recipe. I'm sure someone else already has a name for it but I am calling it Summer Squash Chicken! I will probably double this and get out the extra large cast iron skillet next time. This will become a summer staple around here!!!


Summer Squash Chicken
2 medium sized squash --washed and diced
1 can rotel, drained 
2 large chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
Splash chicken stock
salt/pepper to taste
Splash olive oil

Heat olive oil in skillet. Salt/pepper chicken and pan fry for just a minute. Add other ingredients and cook with lid on about 15 minutes or until squash is tender and chicken is cooked. JoGail and I also topped ours with cheese.
 

0 comments: