Lauries Kitchen

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Community

This has been an emotional time for the community we live in-Eustace. A 13 year old was tragically killed in an ATV accient last Sunday. Heath was lovable and loved very much. Knowing he is in Heaven with Jesus has helped my girls understand. Well, sort of. JoGail doesn't really understand why everyone is sad if Heath is with Jesus. I tried explaining it was because the people left behind will just miss him. But I think all she could think about was the fact that Heath has already seen Jesus.

I am so proud to be a part of this community. God has definately put people here for a reason. People who wouldn't normally visit with one another were visting. Junior High kids were being nicer to each other. And there were people praying-at school, at church, on facebook.....pretty much anywhere you look. Community has a new visual picture in my mind.....I picture people hugging and helping each other. I picture someone putting a slide show together. I picture someone helping get baseball boys all together in their uniforms. I picture an overflowing church. It's the high school kids circling around the middle school kids at the see you at the pole prayer.

I am so proud to be a part of Eustace.

1 comments:

Mom24 said...

I thought I had commented on this earlier in the week, sorry, one of those weeks.

I am so sorry for the loss. I hope that your community is able to hang on to the closeness they've found in this tragedy.