Lauries Kitchen

Thursday, January 12, 2012

TacoChili

Taco Chili-Holcombe Style!




We got a package mix of this for Christmas from someone who isn’t supposed to get us a gift (ahem, Karen Thompson), and it was great. SO I googled it this was my first attempt at it and it wasn’t too bad! I decided to change it up a bit with the beef broth and of course, here in Texas, we don’t have beans in our chili! 

So here’s my version………

1 pound hamburger, ground and kind of minced….I have a special tool that chops it up really good!

2 cans Rotel tomato sauce (this is a new favorite find of mine)

1 can chili fixin’s Rotel

1 can diced tomatoes

1 32oz. container beef broth

1 teaspoon chili powder

¼ teaspoon cumin

1 package taco seasoning

1 packet ranch seasoning mix



Mix together and simmer as long as you can, stirring when you walk by.



You can add water, ketchup, etc but wait until close to time to serve because it will absorb some of the liquids in it.



I serve this with a pan of cornbread and some fritos because Grace likes to make frito pie.

0 comments: