Lauries Kitchen

Sunday, January 08, 2012

What a week! Seems we were all on track to getting back into a routine and wham, here comes the strep throat again. I think it affects me more everytime I have it. I am still not sure I am over it, but I am getting better! Of course, me being almost a year older wouldn't have anything to do with me taking longer to get over it!

Both girls played extrememly well in their ball games. JoGail managed to accumulate 4 fouls in about 5 minutes of playing time. But, hey, she was aggressive! My coach had me stay back on the offensive end when he thought he realized what was going on. Sure enough the next two fouls were on me and I was all alone at the offensive end.

We have two birthdays this week, then we are finished with that for a while! It's hard for me to believe my baby girl will be 12. She was just so tiny when she was born.....but more on that next time I post.

I am trying a new recipe for lunch. I am going to go ahead and post it, though. I also made some peanut butter cornflake candy to take to Sunday School this morning. I can remember Nanny Hyatt and the cafeteria ladies making that in the cafeteria when we lived in Evant. They would make HUGE batches of it and they always made sure I got some! I'm sure that if they made it now it would be illegal with all the sugar in it!

Cornflake Candy

6 cups cornflakes
1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter

Cook sugar and corn syrup over medium heat stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved. Add peanut butter and continue cooking till it is well combined to the mix. Remove from heat and add cornflakes, stirring rapidly to coat the cereal with the penaut butter syrup. You can either drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper to cool or press the mixture into a pan (I used a 9x13 pan) then cut into squares once cool.


Hints:
Fresh cornflakes work best.
Spray measuting cups and bowls and pans with pam for easier cleanup and to get the syrup and peanut butter to slide right out of the measuring cups.

Italian Chicken --We are trying this for lunch today...It sounds delicious!


2 cans cream of chicken soup
8 ounces cream cheese
4 chicken breasts
1 package zesty Italian seasoning


Put all in crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours. Then serve over cooked noodles.

~Laurie

0 comments: