Lauries Kitchen

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Sunday night 4/2/2011

Outside my window..it's 73 degrees. Supposed o have a cold front come through and the high tomorrow is 68. It's nighttime, so the stars are shining bright here in Texas! 

Today I feel.....   Puny. No other way to put it. Medicines are messing with me. Doctor is working on an appointment fro me to see the endocrinologist. Hopefully that doctor can give us some answers and direction.  I have been praying fervently the whoever I get referred to will have the wisdom needed to help me feel good all the time.  

I am thankful..my sister stopping by and visiting yesterday and Coy. He rubbed my neck tonight and it felt wonderful! I am also thankful I work with people I like. I know I say that a lot, but really the people I work with make it all better. ....afterall, we are a WOLFPACK! 

Tomorrow I am..working like a mad woman at the office. Lots of reports to get caught up on. I will also be praying continuously for my duaghters who are taking their state mandated math test toorrow. Not sure what planet TEA way on when they decided to give a test on a MONDAY, but that's the way it is. 

I am wearing..my most comfortable Marcy t shirt. It's huge. I love sleeping in it. Makes me think of her and reminds me that we never know how much tie we have here on earth. We have to make the most o our time here on earth. She sure did. Let many memories and smiles! 

I wish..I was all caught up at work. I know, that may never happen, but still a girl can wish can't she? I also wish everyone could see how Coy organized the pantry. Came home from the grocery store and he was helping me put things up when HE decided it was time to reorganize. i wasn't particularly in the mood to do that at that specific moment, but I must admit it looks much neater. Who knew we had 8 cans of rotel????

My schedule this week[end] includes..Cheering my girls on as they take their reading and math tests. Then celebrating their finishing it on Tuesday by going to the movies (during the week, oh my) to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid II. Then we have the junior high district track meet on Friday. Haven't decided for sure if I am going, it's about two hours away and since it can't start till after school it will take all night! We'll just have to see. I'll probably go if I am not too puny or wimpy. 

I need to start..walking in the afternoons.  I want to be going good when our gang started meeting up to walk this summer at the track. It's an  'odd' group of ladies, but oh the stories we tell! It's ladies I rarely even see during the school year.  What's said at the track stays at the track! 

I am reading..mostly magazines. I am reading another Lauraine Snelling book as well. It's set in the civil war era and quite frankly it's hard to read. She spells like the slaves talk. I just finished a book called The Cradle. It was ok. Weird ending, but otherwise ok. It was short. 

I laughed today....when we watched the Andy Griffith Show as a family. My girls are the only kids I know who thought Barney was Barney Fife, not the big purple dinosaur. I also laughed when we watched America's Funniest Videos. 

I am working on..realizing the my husband and daughters have a special relationship. While it's not like the one I had with my dad, it's definitely  a special one. Yes, I can tell the girls to put their clothes up or clean their rooms unti Li am blue in the face. But when he tells, they listen. Shopping with mom is also not like shopping with dad. Grace loves to clothes shop with Coy. I took her Easter dress shopping and all I heard was will daddy like it? So, they are planning on going Easter dress shopping next weekend, if time allows. I am coming to the realization that she will also want to prom dress shop with him as well. While it hurts me a little, I also realize how special it is between them. 

Yesterday I.. went grocery shopping then the reorganizing of the pantry began. Then we stopped and went to Dallas in hopes of meeting Mike and Amanda. It didn't work out, but that's ok because we'll get to see them again soon. (plus we got to eat at Hook Line and Sinker!) Then I did a ton of laundry. (Like so many I am surprised my duct taped washing machine is still holding up!) 

I am hoping..that the rest of the school year flies by. I am ready to start walking full time again! 

I bet you didn't know..I rarely eat cake. Not sure why. I just don't. My family loves it when I make a double layer devil's food cake. (Probably their favorite dessert) But I don't even lick the bowl and never taste it. 

0 comments: