Lauries Kitchen

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Shucking Corn!




Grace, Lindsey and JoGail are shown shucking corn. Lindsey just happened to be over when we picked this. They were singing songs and having a good ole time. We almost have a cantaloupe ready and we're hoping it will be ready before Wednesday. I counted six watermelons growing tonight. The corn took a beating from the storms we had last night. I think we might get one or two more pickings from it, though.
I can't believe that I will get up and go walk tomorrow morning at 7, but I guess I will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you making those girls work??? LOL

Tell Grace and Jo Gail I know something they don't know!

Deanna said...

Well, did you make it to walk this morning? When JG finds the surprise worm in the corn, be sure to get a pic.

Laurie said...

Yes, i have walked every morning. I did over 4 miles this morning.It helps having people to walk with. I predict more cron shucking this afternoon. I am getting ready to go the garden.