Lauries Kitchen

Friday, March 18, 2011

Well...we got the tiller started but he's still not put on overalls!

Hehe....girls are laughing . They so believe it can't be close to spring if Daddy hasn't put on his overalls to work in the yard! Right now  they are out tilling and moving cut grass...windows are open to let the house air out.....chicken pot pie is in the oven....can't believe spring break is over and I didn't go more than 30 miles from my house!!!!  Evan Grace said it was nice to just hang out at home! I know, we'll pay for it next week when we hit the ground running with school. work track meets, etc. But it sure has been nice. I'm very thankful God gives us times of rest.

I made this new recipe from Gooseberry patch for supper.....oh my gosh is all I have to say!!!!!  They called it Easy Peasy Fruit Cobbler. It's in their Slow Cooker Recipes book. I like them on facebook and saw the recipe there and knew I had to try it! It really does say, bring on the spring.......and daddy's overalls!!!

Easy Peasy Fruit Cobbler
1 can biscuits
1 bag (16 oz) frozen fruit
1/2 cup sugar
cinnamon

Put frozen fruit in crockpot. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar. Lay biscuits on top. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of biscuits (I think cinnamon sugar would be great, too) . Cook on high for 3 hours.

I told you it was easy!  And it smells good while it's cooking, too!

0 comments: