Lauries Kitchen

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I am 40!

What wonderful follow up day to my birthday!
Yesterday was so special and will be a a day I remember. Friends, you made it rock! from the decorations to the chocolate cake with snickers filling to the oatmeal butterscotch cookies, it was a great day! Mom and dad got me a new book Karen Kingsbury book book to curl up with (one I hadn't read!!). I can't wait for this weekend! I don't remember ever getting flowers for my birthday but I did this year. They are still gorgeous and I could actually smell them a little this morning when I went in! I just can't explain how great my day was thanks to all my friends! (And daughters who both made me something homemade and from the heart!!!) Coy had some surprises for me too, which I can't wait to use!

No, 40 doesn't feel any different. Other than I am reminded of how blessed I am to have cool friends who take me as I am, fluff, emotions, and all and just love me. Sounds simple, but trust me, it can be hard at times! They have been with me through alot and I'm quite certain God has more adventures planned!

I sat in the doctor's office with JoGail (getting her first allergy shots) this afternoon and planned my menus to make the money stretch. Sometime I need to inventory my freezer-see EXACTLY what it is we have in there and if it's still edible.....maybe when it warms up a little. It's been too cold here to even go get something out of the freezer in the garage. Tonight was gumbo-with brown rice. They ate almost the whole pot. Glad they left a little so we can have leftovers Thursday night when we come in from Grace's basketball game. Hard for me to believe she will be a 9th grader next year. (I'm sure you'll hear more about that as it gets closer and closer to actually happening....)

I wrote a comment on a friend's blog, ok, an older friend's blog , ok the guy who married me and Coy...tonight that it is sometimes harder to be served than it is to be served. Not sure where I came up with ort hat, but I think it's really true in my life. Sometimes I have to tell myself that it's ok for someone to 'serve' me. Whether it's by making a nice compliment or helping me with something. That's ok. And looking back on my 40th birthday it can even be a little fun! Just something to think about...

By the way, Bev, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! And thanks for the Tea Room thing...........maybe we can go together sometime and I can 'buy' you lunch!

0 comments: