Lauries Kitchen

Thursday, December 10, 2009

JoGail's a winner!

JoGail placed third in the oral reading competition!!! WHOOP! WHOOP! The name of her selection was Twattletalk Tuck....it was about a kid who talked all the time......go figure! I am so proud of her...I will post a picture when she gets her award for it.

Had a simple supper tonight....pinto beans with cornbread. It's just hard to beat that. Made some homemade vegetable soup in the castiron dutch oven foor this weekend.....letting the flavors mend......it'll be so good!

I am excited for this weekend! I have a list of holiday things to do!!! Baking for the Tasting Tea at church, Christmas cards, and trying a new recipe.....holiday turtles.....I think this is somehting my brother in law Alex would like.....you take a pretzel and slightly melt a rolo on it then top with a pecan half.......maybe we'll make some more oreo balls too--just have to see how much energy I have!

Just got in from teh band concert and it was very nice. Not too long...just about right!!! Of course Grace was pretty much in the middle of the band so I didn't get very many good pictures of her. I was trying.....had to look through music stands to see her. But she was there!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So proud of JoGail--and of Grace at the band concert. Looking forward to seeing everyone in just a little more than a week.

Merry Christmas.


Grammy

Unknown said...

Wooo-wooo! Way to go, Girls!
I guess the cornbread was Mrs. Raley's recipe. That's what we use, sometimes, with a teaspoon of honey added to it.

Pawpaw