Lauries Kitchen

Monday, January 04, 2010

Day one of the second semester.....

WOW!!! One day down.....something like 89 to go!!  Too far out of rme to start a countdown, but trust me I will! The girls didn't have school, so it just me and himself getting up and about....actually JoGail was at a friend's so it was VERY quiet! Went and did a little birthday shopping and errand running before I went to work....was nice to have a little extra time! They are all at basketball practice right now. Pretty quiet. I decided to make a banana cranberry bread. Smells awesoem in the house! yes, I had all the ingredients, too!! I thought that would be good for me to take to work to munch on. Here's the recipe....

Banana/Cranberry Bread
Adapted from a recipe at Cooks.com

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup (about 3) smashed banana
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 teasponns baking powder
2 cups dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 350 derees. Grease/spray 1 loaf pan.
Cream first two ingredients. Gradually add bananas. Stir in milk and eggs. Mix dry ingredients together then gradually add to wet mixture. Be careful not to mix too much. Pour in pan and bake about an hour. Guaranteed to make your kitchen smell awesome!

I better go get suppe started....they should be in before too long and I imagine they will be starving!!!
By the way, we are having ham steaks from teh freezer........so far so good! LOL

0 comments: