Lauries Kitchen

Friday, January 29, 2010

Mini Cinnamon Rolls

I hadn't realized it has been awhile since I last posted. Wednesday night we had the privelege of seeing our youth group's performance of the play "The Harrowing of Hell". What a great performance! Everything from the makeup, costumes and lighting was wonderful. Now I have sat through my fair shair of plays, since my brother was in every on that came along in high school. And I have to say tha tthis is one of my favorites. I guess because of the way the title sounds I thought it would be a little on the scary side but it wasn't at all. It was a good family experience. Yes, Grace could have particpated in it, but she wasn't really comfortable being about the only junior high kid and it would ate up what little time she has. Maybe next time now that she knows what a little more what it's all about.

As my facebook peeps know she sprained her ankle really good last night in the ball game. We have been icing it and propping it up. Coy ordered her really good ankle braces this afternoon. We are just so thankful it wasn't broke, like we initially thought. Still it's going to be hard for her to let it rest. She is always doing some kind of ball drill in her room while listening to her music.

JoGail has a birthday date with Miss Deanna tonight. But she forgot puppy. He's on the couch with me right now. I called Deanna and I think they are going to come get him. Let me tell you she hasn't spent very many (like less than 3) nights away from puppy. Yep he's getting a little worn and barely has any stuffing left in him. I always tell JoGail that puppy is staying with me when she goes to college and she always says no he is going with her. We'll see......(Puppy is a Ty stuffed animal a friedn gave her when she born).

Here's a quick recipe for you.

Easy Mini cinnamon rolls

 can crescent rolls
cream cheese frosting ( you can buy in a can or make from scratch)
melted butter
cinnamon sugar

Preheat oven to temperature on crescent roll can. On a cutting board, unroll crescent roll dough and leave in rectangles. (Don't separate into triangles). Cover rectangle with melted butter then cinnamon sugar. Try not to get it too close to the edges. Roll up and slice into about 1/2 inch pieces. Repeat until you have used all the crescent roll dough. Bake according to crescent roll package directions. Put icing on while still hot.

I usually double this recipe and use the store bought frosting. It's just eaier. My girls have grown up on these and love them. I originally got the recipe from Tami Dailey, Grace's kindergarten teacher. Your kitchen will smell wonderful while they cook!

1 comments:

Melissa Priest said...

ok, that sounds like something I can make!

Glad Graces foot is ok....I know for her to cry it must be horrible pain!

Hey, I updated my blog. Go leave me so love. There's a picture of toot on it that I scrapped today.

xxoo,
m
www.melissapriest.typepad.com