Lauries Kitchen

Monday, January 18, 2010

yeahhhh! A Monday off!

FIve things I like about being home today....

1. I got to sleep til 8! Yes, Coy still had to go in, but after he left it was quiet!

2. I have had even more time to cook......JoGail and I made a 'from scratch" hot fudge pudding cake for a friend at work. 3 bowls, 2 whisks, and 4 measuting cups later it went into the oven. And yes, we had all the ingredients in the cabinet!

3. Eating something good for lunch. I roasted some squash adn mushrooms.......it tasted so good...

4. I can finish the laundry without feeling rushed.

5. A nap-which I am going to get as soon as the cake gets done!

The menu I decided on for when Brance and crew comes over tonight includes:
Italian chicken
Green Beans
Corn Mixture
Roasted red potatoes
Garlic bread
Apple dumplings.
Tea

Once I get up from my nap I will start on the Apple Dumplings. Here's my recipe:

2 packages crescent roll dough
2 sticks butter
1 1/4 c sugar
2 apples peeled and cored
1 teaspoon cinnamon
12 oz spite or mountian dew

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut n a saucepan melt butter, cinnamon and sugar. Pour over crescent roll mixture. Pour sprite/mountain dew over all. Bake for 45 minutes.

0 comments: