Lauries Kitchen

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Praline pecans and dried cranberries+ bacon cheeseburger roll up

I found this recipe over at Mommyskitchen.net and had to try it....oh my it was wonderful and so simple to make. Yes, I had all the ingredients so I was in luck! The pecans were leftover from some candy things I made for Christmas. The pecans with the cranberries is a geat combination, too.  Here's the link.

http://www.mommyskitchen.net/2009/12/praline-pecans-with-cranberries-yummy.html

I promise these are simple...no candy thermometer needed!

Had my birthday lunch today....next Saturday is going ot be crazy with Grace in a tournament, JoGail having her first basketball game and Coy coaching an extra game. My birthday is actually Sunday, but I want it to be relaxing and low key....I'm suspecting this next week (going back to school) is going to be hard on us all. The girls don't have school on Monday, so that will help a little. Grace has a ball game on Thursday.

My menus are planned and ready to go. I have about decied to make a casserole to take to lunch as leftovers and buy some tuna to make a sandwich if I run out of the casserole. Especially this week. I have some turkey I need to finish off. I am thinking a mexican turkey casserole of some sort for this week.

I'll leave you with a recipe from Leigh Ann. I can't  wait to try this. She makes this then takes it in her lunch. She said she also spreads pickle relish on it before she rolls it up. This recipe is from Kraft foods.com


Bacon cheeseburger roll up

1 lb. lean ground beef
4 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 lb. (8 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 pkg. (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust Make It!


HEAT oven to 400°F. Brown ground beef with bacon and onions in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Return meat mixture to skillet. Add VELVEETA; cook until melted, stirring frequently. Cool 10 min.


UNROLL dough onto baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Press into 15x8-inch rectangle; top with meat mixture. Roll up, starting at one of the long sides. Rearrange if necessary so roll is seam-side down.



BAKE 20 to 25 min. or until golden brown.  I can't wait to try it!!! Thanks Leigh Ann!!!!

From kraftfoods.com

           

0 comments: